It is Silly Tuesday this week. So let’s have some fun.
1. They are quiet. Have you noticed how much of your life is spent reacting to the sounds and moving colors of life? All of the electronics we have can be huge distractions if we let them.
2. They don’t require any attention. I like low maintenance living. So many things need filling, cleaning, and repair. Sometimes having very serene rocks around is quite delightful.
3. They make great paper weights. Papers can be messy and get all confused or blown around by an open window. Ugh. And look at how nice those piles look with a handsome rock on top of each!
4. Round rocks make great things to roll around. I love games and the wonderful chaos that comes with playing around. Who needs to be an adult all the time.
5. Square rocks don’t wander at all. I hate looking for things that have become misplaced. Cats are so darn playful that some of my round rocks wander around with their help. The square ones don’t. I can arrange them so they look just the way I want.
6. Lots of tiny rocks smashed together make good roads. Duh. Remember to thank the rocks in that cement or asphalt road while you are driving along smoothly.
7. Rock walls make good neighbors, according to Robert Frost. No more comment necessary.
8. Rocks on catapults were a very good idea for keeping the neighborhood safe from nasty wandering invaders. Keep some around just in case.
9. They are an essential part of every great southwest style garden. I have personally seen southwest style gardens, and I know they require some rocks to look great.
10. They are cheap. I am not cheap, but who can resist a bargain? You can pick them up just about anywhere.